Edcampstl is Saturday, February 9 at Hixson Middle School in Webster Groves, MO. I am excited to attend my second edcamp and hope that many others will be joining me there. So why would someone want to give up a precious Saturday to attend Edcampstl? Here is my top ten list:
10. You will walk away with something new to try/share in your school.
9. Hanging out with a bunch of educators is always a good time.
8. The energy from all the participants who are willingly giving up a Saturday for professional learning is contagious.
7. Meet a wide variety of educators and continue your conversations online after edcampstl.
6. No staff meetings disguised as professional development here.
5. Meet people who will challenge your thinking and reaffirm your belief in education all in one day!
4. Learning from others outside your school is super powerful.
3. When hundreds of educators are voluntarily here, you know everyone is invested and ready to learn.
2. You control your own professional development experience for the day!
1. After leaving edcampstl, you will never view professional development the same again.
I hope you can join me at edcampstl. For more information, please visit the edcampstl website.
Let the learning conversation begin!